The global fat replacers market, valued at USD 3.1 billion in 2021, is poised for growth with a projected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.1 percent over the forecast period. Fat replacers, also known as fat substitutes, are chemicals that offer a means of reducing dietary fat intake while preserving the taste, texture, and mouthfeel of full-fat foods. Driven by health consciousness and increasing concerns about obesity, the market is expected to see significant expansion.
- Growing Interest in Health and Wellness: Rising awareness of the negative impacts of excessive fat consumption and the benefits of healthy living is encouraging consumers to change their eating habits. People are becoming more health conscious, which is driving the demand for low-fat and low-calorie food products that retain the characteristics of their original counterparts.
- Rising Obesity Risk: As the global obesity rate increases, consumers are increasingly seeking low-fat or fat-free food and beverage options. This trend, along with government regulations governing fat content in foods, is driving the demand for plant-based fat substitutes that are additive-free.
- Nutrition and Taste Concerns: While fat replacers aim to provide healthier alternatives, their taste and nutritional issues, as well as the potential negative effects on gastric functions, can hinder market growth.
- Carbohydrate-Based Fat Replacers Dominance: Carbohydrate-based fat replacers, including starches, gums, and cellulose, lead the market due to their ability to maintain texture, moisture, and mouthfeel. Gums such as keltrol and kelcogel are utilized in low-calorie and fat-free salad dressings and processed foods.
- Bakery and Confectionery Leading Application: The bakery and confectionery segment holds the largest market share. As obesity rates rise, the demand for low-fat or fat-free products in this segment is increasing. Plant-based butter is gaining popularity among dairy product manufacturers.
- North America Dominance: North America is anticipated to account for the largest revenue share due to strong consumer spending capacity and a focus on healthy lifestyles. A growing trend of balanced nutrition in the United States is driving demand for low-calorie foods and beverages.
Impact of COVID-19:
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in increased consumer consciousness about healthy diets, driving the demand for low-fat and fat-free food products. However, production of fat replacers was partially or completely halted due to raw material shortages and supply chain disruptions. Post-lockdown, demand is expected to rise as distribution channels reopen and the supply chain stabilizes.
Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2023-2030 By Product, Technology, Grade, Application, End-user, Region: (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa) https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/fat-replacers-market
Whey Protein Market
Natural Vanillin Market
Prebiotic Ingredient Market
Fairfield Market Research is a UK-based market research provider. Fairfield offers a wide spectrum of services, ranging from customized reports to consulting solutions. With a strong European footprint, Fairfield operates globally and helps businesses navigate through business cycles, with quick responses and multi-pronged approaches. The company values an eye for insightful take on global matters, ably backed by a team of exceptionally experienced researchers. With a strong repository of syndicated market research reports that are continuously published & updated to ensure the ever-changing needs of customers are met with absolute promptness.
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Times of Chennai journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.